Become a Member
Join the growing numbers of individuals who enjoy numerous benefits and discounts of membership while exploring Milwaukee County’s rich history.
With your membership you also support the Society’s mission to recognize and preserve our local history. In promoting a greater appreciation of Milwaukee County’s heritage, the Historical Society hopes to develop a better understanding of the issues and challenges facing Milwaukee County today.
Your membership dollars provide revenue to:
- Develop exhibitions and expand our collections
- Develop school programs
- Manage and provide public access to research materials
- Support The Milwaukee County Landmark program
- Publish books and other publications
- Fund lectures and other community services
The Milwaukee County Historical Society is a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization.
- Free use of the Research Library and admission to Historical Center
- Milwaukee History Now Newsletter
- Milwaukee History magazine
- 10% discount on publications and items in the Museum Store
- Discount admission to events and receptions
- Time Travelers reciprocal benefit program at historic sites in 43 states
- and more depending on your membership level choice.
Adopt an Artifact Add-On
You can claim a stake to one of the cultural treasures at MCHS.
All proceeds from the Adopt an Artifact Add-On will support the Collections Department’s artifact preservation program. For more details on the program, visit the Adopt an Artifact page, or contact the Historical Society at 414-273-8288.
Alternatively you can send us a check or your credit card information with the membership form in the mail.